West Company, a division of Landpoint, is seeking a Engineer in Training / Civil Engineer for a position in the Midland, TX location. This is a full-time position with benefits.
As a Civil Engineer (EIT) you will be involved with civil plan preparation, design calculations and specification preparation for land development projects in Texas. You will contribute to the design of roadways, water lines, sanitary sewer and storm sewer lines, detention ponds, and sanitary sewer lift stations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering and Engineering Intern Certification
- Proficient in CAD Civil 3D and capable of learning other design software programs as required
- Must maintain a level of precision and accuracy appropriate to the project demands
- Familiar with engineering principles, techniques, and procedures
- Experience using computer aided design techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Word and MS Excel; Civil 3D preferred
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- Assist in the production of project plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Develop feasible design alternatives and compare significant parameters such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements and cost
- Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project’s purpose and need
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Prepare written technical reports and engineering studies using approved company formats
- Direct production work of engineering technicians
- Must have a desire to learn engineering as it relates to the land development field
- Capable of obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Texas within 5 years
- Build your career with our extensive employee training programs
- Be part of the fastest growing surveying company in the area
- Company medical Insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Use cutting edge technology to assist you in your daily tasks
- Matching 401(k)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
About West Company / Landpoint,
Our people work on some of the most challenging and high profile projects in the area. Working at Landpoint will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of extremely talented professionals, many of whom are at the top of their fields, on projects that impact our world for the better.
As one of the areas largest land surveying and environmental consulting firms, we offer employees countless job opportunities and career paths. Our success depends on attracting the best talent and continuously striving to improve what we do and how we do it.
We are dedicated to providing our people with the support they need to do outstanding work. From our competitive benefits program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we provide the support you need to excel at your job. There are no barriers to where your talent can lead you.